|It's long been considered the American Dream: owning a home. Buying that home is likely to be the largest purchase you will ever make, and the one for which you incur the most debt. So take this "guide to homeownership" before you buy, so you know exactly what to expect.
The course book is clear and easy to read. You’ll learn from real-life situations so you can understand the entire purchase process.
Make Your Move is a comprehensive home-buying guide developed by the American Center for Credit Education. Through nine lessons, you will learn:
- Types of home loans available
- What lenders look at to see if you’re credit worthy
- Whether you can afford to buy right now
- How to avoid predatory lenders
- How to shop for a home
- Inspection, appraisal and insurance needs
- What to expect at the closing
- What legal documents you will sign
- What happens if you miss payments
- Tips for home maintenance and repairs
This course helps you understand the process, gain confidence, and get the best deal possible.
This course is for personal educational purposes only. It will not meet the requirements for a certificate as required by governmental agencies or financial institutions. Check with your local CCCS office for more information.
To enroll for more than one course, use our shopping cart instead.
Consumer Credit Counseling Service offers this course online for your convenience.
To take this course online, please complete the registration form here.