You can trust us to help you make the needed changes for a better financial life.
Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Northeastern Iowa is a non-profit, educational, community organization incorporated in July of 1984 as Atwood Debt Counseling. We changed to our current name three years later.
We serve 38 counties in northeastern and central Iowa through 5 offices, including our newest office on the east side of Des Moines.
- Member of the National Foundation for Credit Counseling since 1988
- Counselors certified through an independent agency under contract with the National Foundation for Credit Counseling
- Certified by Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for pre-purchase counseling (before you buy a home), delinquency (to prevent foreclosure), and foreclosure
- Providing bankruptcy counseling and education under Dept. of Justice rules
- Accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) since 1998
- Licensed and bonded by the State of Iowa
- Audited annually by a private, certified public accountant (CPA)
- Reviewed annually by the Iowa Division of Banking
- Audited bi-annually by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Audited annually by the Cities of Waterloo and Cedar Falls for Community Development Block Grants
- Audited annually by the Social Security Administration
- Reviewed for re-accreditation every four years by the Council on Accreditation of Services for Families and Children (COA)
- National Foundation for Credit Counseling
- Case Management for the Frail Elderly (helping older Iowans remain in their homes)
- Chambers of Commerce: Waterloo, Cedar Falls, Mason City, Marshalltown, Dubuque, Ames, Decorah, Des Moines