Welcome to CCCS!
- Member of the National Foundation for Credit Counseling since 1988
- Counselors certified through an independent agency under contract with the National Foundation for Credit Counseling
- Certified by Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for pre-purchase counseling (before you buy a home), delinquency (to prevent foreclosure), foreclosure and rental assistance
- Providing bankruptcy counseling and education under Dept. of Justice rules
- Accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) since 1998
- Licensed and bonded by the State of Iowa
- Audited annually by a private, certified public accountant (CPA)
- Reviewed annually by the Iowa Division of Banking
- Audited bi-annually by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Audited annually by the Cities of Waterloo and Cedar Falls for Community Development Block Grants
- Re-accredited every four years by the Council on Accreditation of Services for Families and Children (COA)
- National Foundation for Credit Counseling
- Case Management for the Frail Elderly (helping older Iowans remain in their homes)
- Chambers of Commerce:
Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Northeastern Iowa is a non-profit, educational, community organization incorporated in July of 1984 as Atwood Debt Counseling. We changed to our current name three years later. We serve 38 counties in northeastern and central Iowa through our offices.